Saturday, November 17, 2007

These are a few of my favorite... uh... Sounds?

When I was a child one of my favorite sounds was putting a sea shell to my ear and listening to the ocean; I guess not much has changed I still love the sound of the ocean however I prefer the live version versus the prerecorded Sunny (Sony) Seashell method. As I have grown I discovered many wonderful noises; the outdoors, a coyote howling in the distance (not as cute when it's right outside your trailer), the sound of a river even if it's a babbling brook, crunching snow underneath your feet, the wonderful sound of a fishing reel as a fish is pulling line out.... Okay put anything outdoors and I am in listening heaven. Sounds I enjoy on a daily basis are closer to home and bring more meaning to my heart; when I come home from work and my kids come screaming "daddy" and grab my leg, and even better still when my children tell me they love me. The sound of my beautiful wife's voice makes me calm and always brings a smile to my face; brings truth to the lyrics "there is beauty all around when there's love at home". There is no happier sound then peace at home and in the heart; you can not beat the calmness of the heart and the quiet solitude of love. Whether we hear sounds, or whether we live in a world of silence; peace is an amazing sound that stirs the soul. Two people that brought peace in my life will always be an influence to me; I still love to hear my mother say "Chaddy how are you doing pal"? and I will miss how my dad would call me "Chaddy Buck". I do know that sounds are connected to feelings and when a sound has true meaning we feel it deep within us and we are not just hearing we are experiencing.... this crazy, wonderful, emotional, absolutely amazing life.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wow! This is great! Thanks sweetie, you make me so happy, and calm too-your voice always makes me feel safe! I love you.