Tuesday, November 27, 2007

If I could eat lunch with one

As I reflect on this subject I wonder how I could possibly fit just one person into my life that has more and means more to me than any other that I would consider them over another. The worldly side of me chooses the usual people I think most would want to invite; famous people and people with power such as Jessica Alba, Angelina Jolie, Brad Paisley, Bill Gates, the President, etc. Then of course there is the religious side of me that chooses people such as the savior, prophets past and present, etc. While all of these are great ideas and would make for some great (and interesting) conversation I don't think I would follow this generalized pattern (even if Jessica Alba would have lunch with me). Some of the greatest people I know I am related to and some have even passed on; it is within this group I would make my choice. My dad passed away 10 years ago this December; I have missed him and his guidance tremendously and lunch with him would be both wonderful and welcomed. My mother lives over 800 miles away and lunch with her would be pleasant and delightful. My brothers are always fun to be around and make for a great time. My sisters are sweet and the company couldn't be better. With all of these choices however I must choose one and every time I am given a choice I choose my wonderful, beautiful wife. I know I get to go out with her all the time and I am with her everyday. We even have a special day (Thursday) we go out on a date once a week. She is my eternal companion who I love and who I want to be with forever. She completes me and my life and I put her above all others. Given a choice I will choose her always; this doesn't mean I would not love an opportunity to have lunch with the aforementioned people it just means if I have but one choice I choose her in my life every time.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Okay-you are forgiven for saying you would have lunch with Jessica Alba if she would have you! She'd be lucky to have such wonderful company! I love you too!

Jason Young said...

You are too cute :)

Mandy

A. Simpson said...

Chad!!! Sighh, you are too awesome!