Friday, November 9, 2007

Delighted, Delectable, and Delicious

You say the word delight and I think of the song "Dixieland Delight" by Alabama, or the new delight sauce by Papa Murphy's (Delicious). Of course delight is to be happy or surprisingly pleased. It almost sounds as if delighted is a word that was created by a wealthy land owner that did not want to commune with the commoner and created his own vocabulary to prove he was better. However it came about it has stuck through the years and I am sure we will see a lot more of it. When I think of delighted I think not of a person who is happy, but of someone who was expecting to be disappointed and by some stroke of luck was "delighted" by the outcome. I don't know if I have ever been delighted by that definition except perhaps by a movie I didn't want to watch and by some force of hand watched it and was pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying it. I think to be delighted is to always find yourself surprised to experience happiness; perhaps instead of being delighted we can find ourselves deliriously happy and always expecting to find happiness. Then again perhaps being delighted is always finding everything to be pleasing and I am just delighted to have finished this post.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

If that is the definition then I was definately delighted to fall in love with you, because I was soooo set up for disappointment in dating anyone-and thinking falling in love was a long way off-so I am delighted that things turned out the way they did! I love you sweetie!