Friday, November 9, 2007

Nicholas Handle AKA Nicknames

There sure are a lot of names out there that do not belong to people or that did not originally start out with the person they are now attached. Have you also noticed a nickname that is okay for one person to call you may not be appropriate for others. For example my dad called me chaddy buck and sometimes just buck; now my friends called me buck and that was acceptable, however when a cute girl called me chaddy buck I didn't think that was cool because I figured she was treating me as a little kid. My mother called me several names and I am sure more that I never heard. Chaddy is one of her most used; and then of course there is dear and precious all those manly names you grow up with. I have been called chaddy waddy doodle all the day, cheddar, the chad, little foot (long story), hewy, pumpkin bum (my sweet wife), and several other just as embarrassing names my wife can come up with. Her current favorite is idiot. I like a dog will answer to pretty much any of them, it pretty much just depends on the tone of the voice calling me. Of course if there weren't any nicknames I don't think most of us would be called anything at all.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yes, but you are my idiot! My cute little punkin bum and the other names can't really be censored all that well!

Amy said...

I'm with you tons of nicknames in my family as well.

Jason Young said...

Chad is dead to me. I only know Pumpkin Bum now.

-J

Unknown said...

Kudos to you for participating in your wife's scrapbook/journal/blog!

Your nicknames are hilarious...I think I like chaddy waddy doodle all the day best of all!!!
:D