Friday, October 19, 2007

Believe

What do I believe? I believe the 13 Articles of Faith the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints puts out. I believe there are angels among us (and not just an Alabama song). I believe we create our lives and we decide how we are going to live. I believe Topher can climb anything he wants and Bekah can get anything she wants. I believe Zach can accomplish what ever he sets his mind too and Ryeleigh (as sweet as she is) isn't as sweet as she is. I believe my wife Tiffany is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I believe I have the greatest brothers and sisters in the world. I believe my parents to be perfect and anyone who tells me otherwise will get an earful. I believe simplicity is key to happiness and knowledge is key to understanding and salvation. I believe I can be a whole lot better than I am but I know I am pretty good. I believe I have a lot to learn, but I also know I have learned a lot. I guess I could go on forever on this subject; perhaps write a book about what I believe. Belief is something you do, and it is something you feel. To have a belief is not just to have faith in something it is to know for yourself that it is real; it is that inner connection into your spirit that attaches you to the world around you. I believe alcohol is bad; have I had it? No, but I have seen the results of it in the lives of people around me. I don't have to try, use, or even participate in something to know if it is something I will put my beliefs in; that is the beauty of believing. I believe in God because I know this world did not just explode into existence. These are my beliefs and no one can take them from me; they are mine, I may share them but they always stay with me. Sometimes believing in something is all you have in your life and it is that belief that will carry you through until you are able to gather more legs to stand upon. Hold on to your beliefs; share them with whom you will, do not let them fall by the way side. No one else has your exact beliefs; yes there are similar beliefs out there, but none quite to your specifications. You are unique, you are special, and you created these beliefs. Take control of your life and start believing more, find people, places, and ideas to believe in. Use these beliefs to create more and soon we will become a believing people. People can change all we need to do is believe....

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

very inspiring chad! you are wonderful! love ya bro!